Last Saturday evening saw yet another very successful “Murder Mystery evening” at St Mary’s Church Hall, Old Fordingbridge, which has now become an annual “always-a-sell-out” event, devised to raise funds for the Fordingbridge Twinning Association.
The three photographs depict:
- Dennis Bailey, our President discussing events with “Inspector McClue” (aka: Ian Newman)
- The cast playing out round two of the mystery, giving clues to the audience
- Alison Ayling our Chairman, being accosted by our Marketing Man, Derek Ayling
Forthcoming events, include
- Our forthcoming AGM, on Thursday evening, 27th April at AvonWay Community Centre, Fordingbridge, at 7.30 pm. All members are welcome, and encouraged to make their voices heard! All the events for our 35th celebrations will be announced
- Our 35th Anniversary celebrations, over the weekend of 26th/27th/28th May, when nearly 60 French visitors are expected
- A forthcoming “Sandy Boules” event in the Spring, date to be announced
- More details about our twinning events in Vimoutiers , France, over the weekend of 13th/14th/15th October, for their annual “Apple Festival”
- To be followed by our very successful annual “Jazz on an Autumn Evening”, the following weekend, in Fordingbridge Town Hall, when all our genuine French food, having been purchased during the previous weekend, in France, will be consumed.
This year the Association is seeking sponsorships for each of the three events coming up over the weekend of 26/27/28 May:
- The Friday evening welcome to the French visitors, where there will be live jazz, provided by the locally-based “New Forest Jazz Workshop”! (Friday evening 26th May)
- The Saturday afternoon celebrations and reception (27th May)
- The Sunday afternoon cream teas event (28th May)
This weekend has been devised to celebrate 35 years of twinning, when well over 50 French visitors from the twin town of Vimoutiers have already booked.
We are seeking people who are prepared to host 2 or 3, of them: an exciting opportunity to enhance (or begin?) your French-speaking skills.
So if you are prepared to host some of our French visitors, or work for an operation who would see the benefits of sponsoring one of the three planned events, or would like to attend our AGM, and/or perhaps you would like to join us, do call Alison and/or Derek (Ayling) on 01425 650770, or by email, at …. email@example.com