Fordingbridge Information Office
Fordingbridge Information Office (see PDF for more details) is located at Kings Yard, Salisbury Street and offers a range of information on Town Council Services, New Forest District Council Services and Visitor Information.
Opening Hours 2020
10.00am – 4.00pm, Monday to Friday (Excluding public holidays).
Telephone 01425 654560
The community fridge is based at Fordingbridge Library. It will be open during library opening hours.
The food in the fridge is available for members of the community who may have food need.
For more information email Fordingbridgegreenerliving@gmail.com
Do you own land that has a watercourse or drainage ditch on or adjacent to it?
Answer: Yes –You are therefore a ‘riparian landowner’ and you are responsible for maintaining those watercourses.
Fordingbridge is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 under the name Forde.
The town lies on the banks of the River Avon in Hampshire and has a population of approximately 5,700 people.
A major feature of the town is the 7 arched bridge.
Since 1982 Fordingbridge has been twinned with Vimoutiers in Normandy.
- Augustus John - Welsh portrait artist, born 1878, who lived in Fordingbridge from 1927 until his death in 1961
- Frank Jefferis - former Southampton, Everton and England footballer, born 1884
- Neil McCarthy - actor, born 1933
- Paul Kidby artist, born 1964, best known for his art based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld, lives and works in Fordingbridge
- Daniel O'Mahony writer, born 1973