Fordingbridge Town Council Play Areas are to reopen on Saturday 4th July
The play equipment will not be cleaned by the Council.
Users are encouraged to clean equipment before and after use, particularly where there are clear touch points such as swings and see saws.
Parents should bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean their children’s hands.
Please follow these Covid-19 guidelines when visiting our play areas:
• Please be aware that you are using the play equipment at your own risk.
• Maintain social distancing at all times and do not enter if social distancing cannot be maintained.
• 1 family member only to accompany a child.
• Do not eat food in the play area or on any equipment.
• Avoid touching your face
• Dispose of any PPE and litter in a bin or take it home with you.
The Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) has launched the consultation on its draft recommendations for the Electoral Review of New Forest District Council.
The consultation runs from 30 June – 7 September 2020. http://www.newforest.gov.uk/article/19495/Have-your-say-on-a-new-political-map-for-New-Forest-District-Council
Large Planning Applications
Plans have been submitted to build 240 new homes on the land north of Station Road, Fordingbridge, SP6 1JW.
To comment on this application please click on the following link which will take you to images of the application form, plans and other documents submitted with it. https://planning.newforest.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=_NEWFO_DCAPR_211333
Plans have been submitted to build 74 new homes at Burgate Acres, Fordingbridge. To comment on this application please click on the following link which will take you to images of the application form, plans and other documents submitted with it. http://planning.newforest.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=_NEWFO_DCAPR_210866
Foodbank - Important Information
If you or anyone you know is in need of a Foodbank Voucher please contact Fordingbridge Information Office on Tel: 01425 654560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The red vouchers are no longer being handed out so we will be taking customer details over the phone or by email in order to secure Foodbank supplies to those in need.
Fordingbridge is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 under the name Forde.
The town lies on the banks of the River Avon in Hampshire and has a population of approximately 5,700 people.
A major feature of the town is the 7 arched bridge.
Since 1982 Fordingbridge has been twinned with Vimoutiers in Normandy.
- Augustus John - Welsh portrait artist, born 1878, who lived in Fordingbridge from 1927 until his death in 1961
- Frank Jefferis - former Southampton, Everton and England footballer, born 1884
- Neil McCarthy - actor, born 1933
- Paul Kidby artist, born 1964, best known for his art based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld, lives and works in Fordingbridge
- Daniel O'Mahony writer, born 1973