Fordingbridge Information Office and Town Council are now closed to the public due to the ongoing Coronavirus Pandemic. All staff will be working from home and will deal with telephone and email enquiries.
Tel: 01425 654560 Mon – Fri 10am – 4pm
All Town Council meetings have been suspended until further notice.
The Skate Park and all Play Areas are now closed.
The Kiosk and toilets are now closed.
Important Information for Allotment Tenants here
We have a dedicated Coronavirus page with local information and support
Mayor Paul Anstey praises community for pulling together during unprecedented and concerning times
Fordingbridge is recorded in the Domesday Book of 1086 under the name Forde.
The town lies on the banks of the River Avon in Hampshire and has a population of approximately 5,700 people.
A major feature of the town is the 7 arched bridge.
Since 1982 Fordingbridge has been twinned with Vimoutiers in Normandy.
- Augustus John - Welsh portrait artist, born 1878, who lived in Fordingbridge from 1927 until his death in 1961
- Frank Jefferis - former Southampton, Everton and England footballer, born 1884
- Neil McCarthy - actor, born 1933
- Paul Kidby artist, born 1964, best known for his art based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld, lives and works in Fordingbridge
- Daniel O'Mahony writer, born 1973